Greenwich Village Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Are you experiencing pain in the back of your mouth near your molars? You may need a wisdom teeth extraction. Luckily, Advanced Dental Arts has a team of board-certified, highly trained doctors standing by to bring you comfort.
From expert care during your procedure to sedation dentistry, our Manhattan office has you covered.
What Are Wisdom Teeth?
Your wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars to develop later in life. Some people are able to keep their wisdom teeth. They never experience any complications from them. However, there are many who develop painful swelling and even infection as these molars erupt.
Reasons Why Wisdom Teeth Need to be Removed:
- Abscesses:When tooth pulp (or other tissues) in the wisdom tooth becomes infected, an abscess can develop along the gums
- Teeth Crowding:Wisdom teeth have a tendency to grow at an angle under the gums. This crowds healthy teeth together, putting them at risk of long-term damage.
- Teeth Damage: Wisdom teeth can make it harder to clean surrounding teeth. If left untreated, patients can experience tooth decay, gum disease, and even bone loss.
- Infections:Periocoronitis (a localized gum infection) happens when there isn’t enough room for wisdom teeth to grow in properly. As a result, they damage the surrounding tissue, irritating the gums and causing infections.
- Cysts:Wisdom teeth can create non-infectious pockets of fluid in the jaw that expand and break down the surrounding bone. While rare, leaving cysts untreated can result in tumors.
When Should You Have Your Wisdom Teeth Removed?
Wisdom teeth extractions can happen as early as 12 or 13. This is because it’s better to remove wisdom teeth before their root structures fully develop. However, wisdom teeth can create problems in patients over 30. The best time to speak with your local dentist about wisdom teeth removal is as soon as you notice something may be wrong.
Treatment for Wisdom Teeth
Removing wisdom teeth is a very common dental procedure. At Advanced Dental Arts our dentist will perform an initial evaluation. They’ll take any necessary images to determine the health and position of your wisdom teeth. If they believe your oral health will benefit from wisdom teeth extraction, they will discuss the best option and develop a care plan that is right for you.
Is Dental Sedation Available?
Does going to the dentist makes you nervous? If you need your wisdom teeth taken out, but you’re nervous about going to the dentist, don’t be. Advanced Dental Arts offers a range of dental sedation to keep you calm and relaxed during your tooth extraction. Learn more.
Flexible Payment and Insurance Options Available for Sedation Dentistry in New York City
Wisdom teeth extractions are essential to keeping your smile healthy and shiny longer. But we understand that getting your wisdom teeth removed isn’t always affordable.
That’s why we accept all major insurance plans, from Aetna to Cigna Global to United Concordia. We also offer flexible payment plans suited to each of our patients. Contact us directly with any questions or concerns about payment and insurance.